Saturday, July 4, 2015

CONTINUING FROM THE PREVIOUS POST BELOW

AGAIN: THERSA AND TONY SILADI














My response to my cousin Andrea:


craig lenhard craig.lenhard@gmail.com




Right now I don't have a clue. They are the Siladi family of the Milwaukee area, Tony and Theresa. He was a key force in starting the Milwaukee GERMANFEST. 


I will attempt to discover more about their personal family histories if I can, especially his. The wife's family is from the Alsace-Lorraine region; I have some of her family line. But not his.

We were asked to learn the history of GermanFest from them for the upcoming festival the end of July. I was stunned the moment he opened the door to their lovely home!


I kid you not, I was almost speechless because I was sitting with Andy for nearly 3 hours.  They were lovely! They both immigrated here in 1944 and have powerful "Germanic" spirits! My gosh, my eyes were opened to centuries of that ethnicity. What sage story-tellers of German history! Unbelievable. Our parents lost most of that ethnic heritage once they arrived in the Americas. 

I will forward more as I start to assimilate all this. There's a book I am buying which he feels portrays much of this early heritage and I'll send the title to you two and Michele and Joe in a day or so. Wish you two could head up here for the Festival!

Happy Independence Day!

Love you,

Cousin Craig

MY UNCLE ANDY AND SOME SCRUFFY DUDE

ANDREW LENHARD



ANDREW LENHARD IN HUNTSVILLE AL


No comments:

Post a Comment