Monday, May 18, 2015

DOWN THE ROAD BY MICK FLANNERY



GO TO 18:40 for a touching ballad written for a friend's recently deceased father. You may need to listen several times to hear all the words (which are below).

CLICK HERE GOODBYE SONG TO WIFE AND CHILDREN

I love all of you.


Intro

  C   G   C   G   F   Am   G   F

Verse

CIt's been a Ggood spell,C far as Gi'd tell,
But Fdarling you must Amknow now GI don't fFeel well.
CHow it's G


goin'C and where it's Ggoin',
We Fnever had an Ameasy wGay of kFnowin'.

Chorus

CIn my Ammind I Csee my sisAmter,
CIn my Ammind I Chear my mother Gcall me Chome.
I'm in Amneed of no Cmans merAmcy,
CYou just Amtouch my hand and Cwave me Gdown the Croad.  G 

Verse

Bring my child here, bring 'em all near,
There's somethin' that I want each one to hear.
That I am goin', I am goin',
But what a thing to have pride in the knowin'.

Chorus

In my mind I see my sister,
In my mind I hear my mother call me home.
I'm in need of no man's mercy,
You just touch my hand and wave me down the road.

Verse

I see a young man, pen in his hand,
He's tryin' to sum the whole show up, but he can't.

Link

play the chorus chords here)

Verse

Lookin' back on, all the we've done,
The whole thing seemed to have no rhyme or reason,
Put your shoes on baby, put your dress on,
I think they're linin' up the last dance of the season.

Finish on C.

colinthelips

No comments:

Post a Comment