Saturday, February 20, 2016

086 Tuesday to Tuesday (Dec. 9-15, 2015)

Starting off another wonderful week. We are out of our busy time when we feel really needed, and we now have to find things to keep us working. The more we work, the faster the time goes. Besides, we love to have stuff to do.

On Wednesday, we went to the Temple and took a sister from the Ward with us. Sister Diane Bridges is from Guayana. Actually, her family is from there, but she has lived in the U.S. all her life. She is a cute little woman, and I have to say that I misjudged her and figured she was a sweet black woman. On the way to the Temple, I found that she was a paralegal and had finished an MBA from a local college. She is really a nice person. She was set to have a job interview the next week. She had lost her job with a temp agency as a paralegal because the agency had lost a billion dollar suit in California and layoffs were held throughout the country. She has an older daughter in college who is a straight A student and a freshman in high school who could care less about school. He is a good looking young man who plays football, basketball, and track. He is not as interested in Church as his mother would like, but she continues to love and work with him. He is a good young man, just looking for what young men look for when they don’t have a close friend at Church.  
I liked this picture

Going to Temple with Diane Bridges and did Sealings only

Anyway, we went to the Temple and did Sealings. She has been doing initiatories forever with her mother who lives in Lacrosse, WI. She hasn’t done Sealings in forever, so we got to do something new for heer this time. We had taken our family names and were able to do quite a few Sealings of husband and wives and children to parents. What a fun activity. It is so nice to see these Sealings done. I had one that I had reserved from 2014. If I didn’t get it done, it would be removed from my reserved list. After our work was done, we helped with some other people’s work also. It was wonderful.  We had started later in the day, so it was later when we started home. We stopped at the Oasis (where we can get our easy toll pass and eat from several restaurant). I like to get Panda Garden from there while Craig usually goes Taco Bell. Neither one good for us, but it’s easy to get after being at the Temple. So we stopped there, ate, and got to know Diana better. She had interviewed for a job on Tuesday, and she had come to the Temple to ask for the Lord to help her get a job. We are praying for her.

On Thursday, we had two sets of apartments to inspect. Later that day we had Pathway. It was the last class that would be taught by the students. The last class is taught by us.

Friday, I had a to proctor a test that morning. We were scheduled for 10:00; however, earlier in the week we were notified that we would have a Zone Conference from 10-4. I called the girl with the test, and she rescheduled to 8:00. She finished up in time for us to get to the Zone Conference. The Lord really helps when we need it. The Zone Conference was really good. 

It was a rainy day, but that afternoon we were scheduled to go with the Armstrongs to see Christmas lights in Miller Valley (yes, we are talking about Miller Beer territory). We went to Baker’s Square first to eat (the Armstrongs have a son who works there).  I got fish (which wasn’t all that good). They have the best pie in the area. We went to Miller Valley (an area that we hadn’t been in before). It was a great light show; we tried to use pictures that blocked out the Miller name.hahaha  It was late by the time we got home, but it had been a full day.
Frederick Miller Plankroad Brewery Welcome Center

Welcome to Miller Valley
Lights on the Trees

Crowds Growing

More Lights

On Saturday, we had another test to proctor and got it started at 8:30. It went quickly and then we went home to change and go to the gym. There was going to be a gym party that afternoon because the old management had sold out to some new people, and it was a get to know you kind of thing. We wanted to go early enough that we could work out before-hand.  We stayed around long enough to get a few refreshments; I took a photo of Craig and a couple of the men he talks to more than exercises with at the gym. 

That evening we went to the Norway House to buy a troll that a woman had told me she had left over from some figures she had for sale at the Scandavian Festival. She had told me that she would have it available, and she told me it would be $8. One other time we had tried to meet up, but we couldn’t. When I got to her this time, she charged me $10. When I saw it, it wasn’t what I expected, and it wasn’t worth $10. I wish I had the guts to say at the time that I wasn’t interested in the one I got. Oh, well, she was a sweet little old woman.
Looks a litte devilish

This one is happy

One of my favorites

My other favorite

On Sunday, we had the most beautiful Christmas program in Church that we’ve ever set through. There were 6-7 violenists, 2 cello players, 2 flutists, and a whole choir. It was so beautiful. For one song, a little girl came up front and sang the beginning of the song, Still, still, still, then the choir took over and at the end the little girl sang the last few lines. It was so still in the Chapel, you could feel the Spirit so sweetly. Afterwards, that music stayed with us all day. It was haunting.

Monday brought us to laundry, a shoulder x-ray, and hunting tubagrip. My left shoulder has been hurting me for a long. I have wondered what in the world is wrong with it. I just felt like I had hurt it carrying a lot of heavy stuff. I have tried to not carry stuff, sleep on it the right way – no pillows, keep heat on it, use Deep Blue, you name it. I’ve tried everything. I finally went to the doctors because I don’t have much time here and I’m not sure if I have enough time left to do it right.. I have some money built up in my insurance account, and I want to use it before they put me on Medicare next year. Anyway, the insurance company wouldn’t let me have an MRI until I have an xray and physical therapy. The doctor said that it sounded like a torn rotator cuff and an xray won’t show that. But I had to have it anyway. Now we will see what happens.

Later that day we used a Groupon to have lunch at a place (Silverspring House) in Glendale. I should have gotten a burger but I got ribs. Next time (if there is one), I’ll have a burger. 
Can't find our original, so had to look everywhere for this image of Silverspring House
On Tuesday we did not get to the District Meeting because Craig had an outpatient surgery on his artery on the left side of his head. It is right before the ear, and they were going to take a small piece of the artery to see if there was an abscess in the artery that might be causing his headaches. He was out for the day afterwards. We left the hospital and headed to the pharmacy for some pain medication and then got him home. It rained all day so it was good we stayed in the apartment.
Pretty good size scar (can hardly see it now) for his surgery

Our Scripture for December:  Alma 32:41

But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, 
by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the 
fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up 
unto everlasting life

Elder and Sister Lenhard


  1. What in the world?! Are you kidding me? Daddy had surgery and you didn't say ANYTHING?! If I could reach through the computer and smack you, I would! UGH! Never do that again...

  2. Ditto to what Katie said!! Dad had surgery?!

  3. For what it's worth, I asked your Mom NOT to add the ugly picture!